Food for the Hungry-Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Department: M & E Department, Food Security and Livelihoods
Reports To: Cluster Manager and M & E Officer
Application deadline: 12th June 2019
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The M & E Assistant reports hierarchically to the Cluster Manager with a dotted line to the M & E Officer.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The M&E assistant will be responsible for the collection, collation and analysis of data related to a 3 years UK AID Direct funded Livestock Market Systems project. The incumbent may be assigned other responsibilities by the Cluster Manager and the M&E Officer.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key result # 1 – Continuous Project Monitoring, and Supporting Project Evaluations
1. Establish a Project information needs framework.
2. Identify and design Project performance questions, key indicators and targets for each project component.
3. Follow up on project quality implementation through regular project field visits.
4. Review the relevance of existing social and economic data for the project area.
5. Designing and actualizing Project baseline, mid-term and end-line assessments
Key result # 2 – Data management and reporting
1. Establish Project data collection systems.
2. Collect, compile and analyze Project related data and reports and create consolidated progress reports.
3. Review Project Progress Reports and assess interim impacts and causes of potential bottlenecks in
4. Support Project teams in reviewing and reflecting on project implementation processes to enhance learning and replication of best practices
- A strong Christian committed to serving the poor.
- Experience in community participatory assessment methodologies such as PRA, PUA, Rapid Appraisals, Barrier & Gender analysis etc.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Good understanding of project planning, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation processes.
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental condition.
- Knowledge on GIS is an added advantage
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and highly organized and able to multitask.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree – in Social Science, Statistics, GIS, project management, community development or a related field, knowledge of statistical computer packages e.g. SPSS, EPI-INFO etc. and at least three years’ experience in an NGO set up
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 12th June 2019.
NB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted