Caritas Marsabit is the development arm of the Catholic Diocese of Marsabit responsible for coordination and the implementation of development activities in the Diocese which envisions “A people holistically empowered in line with Gospel Values. It endeavors to empower the people to know God and live in dignity and harmony.”
To achieve this vision, Caritas Marsabit has been implementing a number of development programmes in the entire diocese in the following thematic areas:-Health, Water, Justice & Peace, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), &Sustainable Livelihood (SL)
Main purpose of the job
The saving and lending Officer will work under the guidance of the Livelihood Manager in ensuring that credit appraisal and documentation are properly done. Loan recovery is well managed in order to minimize non-performing loan.
- Ensure compliance with the CM Credit Policy, Procedures and service level agreements.
- Authenticate documentation presented for all credit applications and ensure they meet the Caritas Marsabit requirements and any other requirements as required by the law and the regulating bodies
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Active participation and Member of the Credit committee.
- Explain to clients on loaning procedures that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, and other financial information.
- Verify that securities are provided and forwarded for Loaning perfection.
- Review and update loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to Caritas Marsabit policy.
- Handle client’s complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Compute loan payment arrangement and schedules.
- Manage Customer and stakeholder relations in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements
- Manage portfolio under him/her to ensure good performance
- Appraisal of customer loan applications and make recommendations.
- Ensure all applicants groups are advised on fate of applications within reasonable time.
- Proactively manage risk/exposure for assigned portfolio Continuously
- Ensure recovery of items pledged as security on delinquent loans.
- Assist in the restructuring of debts in the interest of the Caritas Marsabit and customer.
- Assist in the grading and classification of loan accounts.
- Any other duties assigned by the Program Manager
Academic and Professional Qualifications
A University degree in a business-related field/Diploma in business Administration,
A Diploma in Credit Management,
CPA Part 2
Relevant working experience / skills and competencies
- A minimum of 3 years’experience working and performing similar tasks on community projects, Proven experience in community training, monitoring, community participatory designs and action plans using participatory adult learning methodologies.
- Demonstrate success in resource mobilization and fundraising through project development and proposal writing
- Good verbal /oral communication skills and fluent in spoken both English and Kiswahili languages
- Experience in effective community and stakeholder engagement, networking and alliance building
- Ability to work closely with people from different background including local community members
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness in terms of timeliness and quality of work
- Demonstrate capacity to write project report, work plans and correspondences in clear, concise, logical and grammatically correct manner and competency to use word -processing and spreadsheet software
- Proven experience in community training, monitoring, community participatory designs and action plans using participatory adult learning methodologies.
- Good report writing and documentation skills
How to Application
Caritas Marsabit is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply not later than 30th May 2019. The application should contain a one-page letter of expression of interest, updated CV, copies of certificates and testimonial, a daytime telephone contact, email address, names and addresses of three referees. All applications should be sent and address to
P.O Box 62 – 60500
NOTE: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information visit Caritas Marsabit Website