VACANT POSITON: PROJECT COORDINATOR
Food for the Hungry-Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Department: Food Security and Livelihoods
Reports To: Cluster Manager
Applications deadline: 12th June 2019
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Project Coordinator reports hierarchically to the Cluster Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To coordinate and provide leadership for a 3 years UK AID Direct funded Livestock Market Systems project. This will entail (but not limited to) effective program planning, implementation, technical backstopping, monitoring& evaluation and timely reporting. The job holder will also ensure capacity building of project staff as required and ensure a high standard of project quality control and donor compliance.
The Project Coordinator will manage the start-up and delivery of a 3 years Livestock Market Systems Project, with a strong Social Behavior Change (SBC) component. The coordinator will ensure alignment of the project interventions with ongoing FH Kenya CFCT interventions under the guidance of the Cluster Manager and the Programs Director. Additionally the Coordinator will be expected to coordinate the program with local and ward level leadership, Sub County and County Steering Groups (CSG), as well as coordinate the program with other development and humanitarian agencies within Marsabit County
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key result 1. Project management ensuring timely execution of activities and within donor compliance
1. Lead in the development of program management tools for effective planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
2. Foster integration of the Project with FH strategic plan and CFCT program approach in order to provide
synergy, complimentary and greater impact and avoid duplication
3. Provide training and awareness for project staff on UKAID Direct policies and contract conditions as stipulated in the grant agreement.
4. Conduct periodic review of project implementation progress over the period of the grant towards achieving quality Adaptive Project Implementation
Key result 2. Project and financial management
1. Facilitate the procurement process of project items in line with budget allocations
2. Review all project related requests for support and provides an appropriate response, including, where relevant, forwarding such requests to the Cluster Manager or Program Director for advice.
3. Take lead in development of monthly work plans, utilization of monitoring tools and internal and external reporting
4. In consultation with the Cluster Manager and Grants Compliance Advisor, monitor the project expenditure to achieve planned expenditure rates and proactively make projections in order to have sufficient organizational cash-flows.
5. Provide technical support in the Livestock Market System, Social Behaviour Change, Beneficiary Feedback Mechanism, and Disability Mainstreaming.
6. Mentor and advise project staff on (management, finance, logistics, and human resource) in order to ensure
practice and quality implementation and compliance with donor requirements. In particular, financial and logistics management.
Key result 3. Collaboration, Communication, Networking
1. Undertake regular participatory monitoring visits to each of the project sites to ensure adequate progress and quality against action plans and objectives.
2. Participate in Cluster Program Management Meetings to give updates on project updates as well as identify
avenues for integration and alignment
3. Participate in Marsabit County Livestock Sector Coordination Forums with government and other agencies.
4. Ensure excellent coordination of donor visits to project sites and provide briefing sheets of project progress
5. In coordination with Cluster Managers and Program Director, ensure proper branding of project infrastructure and facilitate the documentation and dissemination of success stories
6. Represent FH as and when requested by the Cluster Manager and technical leads at sub-county and county meetings.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong team player and have ability to manage and lead a team in emergency setting
- Experience in proposal writing, excellent report writing, interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledgeable in computer packages e.g., MS-Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships with partners, County Government other stakeholders
- Experience in grant management and UK AID/DFID contractual policies, rules and regulations
- Experience in setting up systems for program management and strong in analytical skills
- Preferably with a strong background in Livestock Market System Programming in ASAL contexts.
- Conversant with Core Humanitarian Standards, and the principles of Accountability, Protection and Advocacy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bsc. Qualification in Livestock Production Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Veterinary Medicine, Natural
Resources Management, Community Development, Project Management etc.
2. Experience working with Gender and Social Behavior Change Programming
3. Experience working in livelihood programs in ASAL areas
4. A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar position in an NGO, technical consultancies or development partner setting.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of at least one local language is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 12th June 2019.
NB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted