VACANT POSITON: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Food for the Hungry-Kenya is a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: M & E Assistant
Department: Programs & M&E
Reports To: HIV Project officer
Application closing date: 11th January 2019
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support HIV project in FH Kenya through development of relevant tools, implementation and monitoring to provide information relating to progress towards achieving the set program goals.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key result # 1 – Monitoring and evaluation needs assessment
- Determine information needs of the project
- Identify M&E project needs for support.
- Identify and design performance questions, key indicators and targets for the project component.
Key result # 2 – Data management and reporting
- Collect, compile and analyze data and reports and create consolidated progress reports.
- Support establishment of data collection systems within programs when requested and review existing data collection tools on a regular basis.
- Review monitoring reports and assess interim impacts and causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation.
- Support teams review and reflect on project implementation processes to enhance learning and replication of best practices
- Support staffs to comply with set M&E systems.
Key result # 3: M&E information sharing
- Provide training on M&E and facilitate M&E design and implementation processes with implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Provide support to implement the M&E plan, revise and update performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes.
- Verify performance information provided by program teams to ensure accuracy
- Enhance community M&E mechanisms/structures through participatory processes
- Follow up on project quality implementation through regular project field visits
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and commitment to serving the poor in line with FH Christian foundation and beliefs
- Experience in research and community participatory methodologies especially in HIV
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Good understanding of project planning, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation processes.
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental condition.
- Knowledge of statistical computer packages e.g. SPSS, STATA, EPI-INFO etc.
- Knowledge on GIS is an added advantage and excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and highly organized and able to multitask.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Diploma – in Monitoring and Evaluation, Health Records, Social Science, Statistics, project management, community development or a related field, and at least two years, experience in an NGO set up.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 11th January 2019.
This is an urgent position and shortlisting will be done as applications are received.
NB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted