Food for the Hungry-Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Project Officer (2 positions)
Department: Food Security and Livelihoods Location: Marsabit
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Closing date: 12th June 2019
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes
our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Project Officer reports hierarchically to Project Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Improve Pastoralists livelihoods through support to Livestock Production and Marketing Systems, through behavior change approaches, gender and disability mainstreaming.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES Key Result 1: – Implementation of project activities
1. Implement project activities in accordance with the program log frame and work plans.
2. Provide input for the development and implementation of the training curriculum/ materials, conduct trainings and workshops
3. Responsible for community mobilisation in close collaboration with other FH field level staff
4. Facilitate planning meetings at the community level and ensure timely implementation of the workplans
5. Documentation of relevant field level data, proceedings and decisions made at the community
level and compilation of field reports as required by the program
Key Result # 2: – Collaboration with communities, local authorities and FH/K partner agencies
1. Seek collaboration and build excellent working relations with communities, local leaders, elders and local authorities during project implementation.
2. Represent FHK in different forums at the field level.
3. Improve the participation of the beneficiaries in the decision-making process.
Key Result # 3: – Reporting, Monitoring and Assessments
1. Effectively use monitoring tools to monitor implementation of activities.
2. Collect and analyse data for baseline surveys, assessments, monitoring and evaluation as per set guidelines.
3. Participate in preparing reports in accordance with FH guidelines and donor requirements.
4. Provide field updates to the Program Coordinator
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ.
- Demonstrated skills in staff management, capacity building and community relations
- Ability and willingness to work independently with a high degree of motivation, result oriented creativeness and adaptability
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge and previous practice of MS Office (Word and Excel are essential)
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team
- Knowledge and experience of assessments and monitoring are an advantage
- Knowledge of related programs, particularly nutrition and water and sanitation, are also an advantage
- Good English skills (written and spoken), knowledge of local language is a necessity.
- Good working knowledge of ASAL areas in Kenya
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as agriculture, economics, livestock, business development and marketing, environmental/natural resource management with at least three years’ relevant work experience in project implementation, monitoring and community relations.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary),
updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: email@example.com latest by 12th June 2019.
NB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted