ACDI/VOCA is currently implementing a $45 million, five-year program entitled “Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems (LMS)” development projects in Northern Kenya funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The aim of the USAID Kenya Feed the Future LMS program is to strengthen people’s resilience to shocks and stresses and reduce the prevalence and depth of poverty, household hunger, and chronic undernutrition.
The program aims to do so by taking collective action on economic opportunities, and by strengthening institutions, market systems, governance, and human capital.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is looking for an experienced, professionally confident, self-motivated and committed team player to fill the position of a driver for the Isiolo office.
He/she will be supervised by the County Program manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for
- Providing transport to ACDI VOCA staff from meetings, To and From field missions when needed ensuring the highest quality, courteous, efficient services and save driving of all occupants.
- Ensures that in the event of an accident involving the assigned vehicle, necessary steps required by the policies are followed
- Deliver or pick up emails and miscellaneous items to or from specified places.
- Ensure washing and cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Ensure all vehicles maintenance services are carried out in accordance with set service schedules and checklist duly signed and completed.
- Perform operational inspection of vehicles on a regular basis and before and after long trips to include tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, water, and the interior.
- Update daily vehicle log sheets and review previous records for accuracy.
- Record gasoline consumption after each refilling.
- Organize daily travel routes and juggle conflicting requests.
- Ensure that the road license and insurance stickers and any other mandatory documents of the vehicles are updated on a timely basis by advising the Logistics and Procurement team promptly.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements, fueling, pre-travel checks, travel documents, vehicle expenses, and any other documents and persons traveling for packing instructions and timings.
- Exchange relevant information and maintain an open line of communication with colleagues and your supervisor.
- Ensure that vehicles are equipped with the proper equipment at all times; perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Education and/or Vocational Training required;
- A minimum of 3 years of driving experience, preferably with an NGO. Experience working within the North-Eastern Region is an added advantage;
- Flawless driving record;
- Current divers license – Heavy Duty Vehicles;
- Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Good English communication skills;
- Defensive driving certificate is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of local traffic laws and traffic conditions, specifically within the North-Eastern Region;
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than June 18, 2019. In the subject line, please include the position title. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted in the base location of the position.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. EOE