Caritas Marsabit is the development arm of the Catholic Diocese of Marsabit responsible for coordination and the implementation of development activities in the Diocese which envisions “A people holistically empowered in line with Gospel Values. It endeavors to empower the people to know God and live in dignity and harmony.”
To achieve this vision, Caritas Marsabit has been implementing a number of development programmes in the entire diocese in the following thematic areas:-Health, Water, Justice & Peace, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), &Sustainable Livelihood (SL)
Main Purpose of the Job
Support the Programs in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to ensure accountability and efficiency.
M & E Manager and closely working with the program staff through the Deputy Director’s office
- Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output and outcomes
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results
- Provide feedback to the Program Managers on project strategies and activities
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Managers
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation systems
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, half-yearly, annual and other reports
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Managers in preparing relevant reports
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
- Perform other duties as delegated
Academic and Professional Qualifications
At least a diploma in Project planning and management, development studies, Economics and related field
Relevant working experience / skills and competencies
- At least 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software
- Strong training & facilitation skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work well with others.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft office).
- Good report writing and documentation skills
How to apply Application
Send a 1 page letter of expression of interest and updated CV by the Closing date: 5th January 2017 to the following address, Hard copies of the application should be dropped at Radio Jangwani offices
P.O Box 62 – 60500
Or via email on: email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.