CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF MARSABIT
JANGWANI MEDIA CENTRE
Catholic Diocese of Marsabitis seeking an experienced On-Air Talented (Presenter/Reporter) for its RADIO Jangwani 106.3 fm. The ideal candidate is someone with a great attitude, an exceptional work ethic, and able to naturally resonate with the listening audience.
Radio Jangwani is the fastest growing Community Radio in Marsabit today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class professionalism and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Marsabit Bishop House Ground, JangwaniMedia covers almost the entire County and beyond and has online presence at radiojangwani.caster.fm If you have a passion for great local radio and a passion to serve our great community, we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Maintain and grow market leading ratings.
- Inform, entertain, and engage listeners.
- Regular use of social media platforms to connect with listeners in unique ways.
- Gather news stories, audio, and write content for the show.
- Pitch segments/ideas, and work closely with the Program Manager and Director.
- Help evaluate content of music, monitor listener feedback and recommend appropriate re positioning.
- Conduct on-air interviews with national and local celebrities, subject matter experts, and public officials.
- Serve as Master of Ceremonies for public and/or private events.
- Broadcast live from remote locations.
- Announce station identification.
- Read news, business reports, and other public service information.
- Read and record commercial copy and public service announcements.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Perform other duties consistent with position.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Knowledge of all applicable CAK rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment.
- Must be creative and innovative with a very strong work ethic.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and would like to join a culture that is built on support, respect, creativity and energy submit your cover letter, resume, references, recommendation letters, and current air-check ASAP. You may also mail the same to by closing date of 12th January 2017.
RADIO JANGWANI FM
P.O. BOX 6-60500
NB/ ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.